DMZ Scenario

On Thursday 14 November 2002 07:33 pm, Ryan Beisner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have successfully installed a mail + web server in my new dmz, filter=
ed
> by netfilter in Redhat 7.3.  My problem is, the request addresses show =
up
> as the dmz interface's ip address (of the packet filter box).  This

> $ipt -A PREROUTING -t nat -d $PRESext -j DNAT --to $PRESdmz
> $ipt -A POSTROUTING -t nat -d $PRESdmz -j SNAT --to $PRESext

> $ipt -A PREROUTING -t nat -d $KEYext -j DNAT --to $KEYdmz
> $ipt -A POSTROUTING -t nat -d $KEYdmz -j SNAT --to $KEYext

Drop the SNAT rules.  In the PRE you take anything coming in the 'real' I=
P and=20
change it's destination to the dmz IP.  But in the POST you take those sa=
me=20
packets and change their source to the real IP.  If you drop the POST rul=
es,=20
then the packets will just pass on to $PRESdmz with their (presumably) re=
al=20
source IP intact.