intermittent and unreliable behaviour with iptables scripts

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28B25.7DC6DA30

Thanks for your input.

I unfortunately have had litte chance the last day or two to
actually put to use the advise given by you and the others who
have sent me feedback due to MEETINGS!

2 Things you seem to ofer several suggestions regarding reconfiguring
my iptables script that I will attempt to implement and evaluate. I
may have some questions in a day or so when I attempt to do this.

Also you asked me if I had checked /proc/net/ip_conntrack. What should I be
looking for in ip_conntrack? One thing I did notice in ip_conntrack is
packets
with a destination of xxx.xxx.xxx.255. I believe this to be broadcast
traffic from
some of our workstations. We are working to track this down and stop it.
What do you see as a possible impact of this broadcast traffic. I have yet
to see that
ip_conntrack has filled up.

Thank you,
Doug Watson