Iptables Stateful Failover

Hi,

I would know if is possible to implement iptables failover using stateful
inspection capabilities of iptables.

This is simply a proof of concept.

All information of stateful inspection is stored in /proc/net/ip_conntrack

well, so if I write every firewall rules with
--module STATE --state NEW,ESTABLIESHED ..... and so on

every packet will be matched and a connection will be put in that file.

if I send this file to another fw, send alias ip (for natted address &
routing) and replace /proc/net/ip_conntrack ( if it is writeble. If not, is
it possible to do ?)

all session will be persistent, isn't it ?

The problem of arp, proxyarp can be bypassed by rewriting mac address of
the network adapter and using hub connected to the switch.

Let me know if I'll hurt by a meteor !

bye.

Gentili Filippo
mail : fgentili@tomware.it