How to assign an external IP to a host?

Hi,

I have a host connected via a PPP-connection to a Linux host.  I want to
give the PPP-host a permanent IP.  I use nat-tables to do so, but it
doesn't work: I can reach my PPP-host from all other machines, except the
one on which I defined the two eth0 interfaces (despite the nat OUTPUT
rule I defined).

Any ideas?

Patrick