Microsoft VPN and iptables

On Saturday 09 November 2002 6:21 am, Jonathan wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Could some help me with this or point me in the right direction.
>
> I have a few microsoft machine in side my linux firewall and I need to use
> microsoft VPN to connect to a microsoft machine on the internet
> when I double click on the icon is says " Connecting to ???.???.???.???"
> and then says "Verifing Usernamd & Password" and then times out. If I dial
> into the net and bypass the firewall I can connect.

Are you using NAT, and is the VPN system using PPTP (I think this is common
with M$ things...) ?

If the answer to both of these is yes, then I think you need to investigate
the PPTP connection tracking module patch for netfilter, because otherwise
this protocol gets upset by the address translation.

Sorry to be a bit vague about this, but I don't use PPTP or M$ VPNs - I am
simply reporting on stuff I have seen on this mailing list in the past from
other people apparently trying to do the same thing.

If anyone knows that M$ VPNs can be made to work without doing this, please
jump in and help...

Antony.

--

Normal people think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".