proxying along with iptables

On Saturday 02 November 2002 8:31 am, Naleendra@dms.lanka.net wrote:
On Friday 01 November 2002 1:34 pm, Antony Stone wrote:

> > On Friday 01 November 2002 1:24 pm, Naleendra@dms.lanka.net wrote:
> > > 	Hi lists,
> > >
> > > 	this is not directly connected to iptables, however your comments
> > > would be most welcome. What are the proxying products that could run
> > > along with iptables but which can talk with a windows NT/2000 based user
> > > base for authentication ? Does squid provide for this ?
> >
> > What protocol/s do you want to proxy ?
> >
> > What sort of user authentication do you want to use ?
>
> 	Protocols : ftp, http, dns
>
> 	Basic requirements are: Web site caching
> 			Accounting purposes for users in a Nt/2000 user base

Okay, squid will do ftp and http proxying for you; I don't regard dns as
significant here, because unless your clients are running their own dns
servers, I'd say this protocol is always proxied.

Samba can link to a Win NT/2k user base.   Maybe you can get some linkup
between those two to identify and authenticate users, then account for their
packets.

Antony.

--

KDE 3.0.3 contains an important fix for handling SSL certificates.  Users of
Internet Explorer, which suffers from the same problem but which

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.0.3.html