default policy

I have been looking at several scripts checking the default policies on
them.
Some include items that others don't.  Oscars tutorial doesn't cover all of
these compared to Ziegler's book.  I have been wondering if the following
covers ALL built-in chains?
iptables -P INPUT   DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT  DROP
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

Ziegler's book states that it should be this (it was never put in these
words but this is what I am gathering from my reading):
iptables -t nat    -P PREROUTING  DROP
iptables -t nat    -P OUTPUT      DROP
iptables -t nat    -P POSTROUTING DROP
iptables -t mangle -P PREROUTING  DROP
iptables -t mangle -P OUTPUT      DROP
iptables -t filter -P INPUT       DROP
iptables -t filter -P OUTPUT      DROP
iptables -t filter -P FORWARD     DROP

The last seems to be the most thorough but i cant find anywhere that covers
this in detail.
Are these all of the built-in chains?

Robert Wideman