ip_conntrack and the mark target

Is there any patches I should be aware of that make the mark persist in
incoming packets if I have an outgoing connection (dst port) match which sets the
mark?! I'm thinking in conjunction with ip_conntrack?!

If yes, would it eat more cpu cycles then to have a separate match for
the incoming traffic of that connection which marks the packets
appropriately?!