iptables: reverting 34f085b16073 ("Revert "xshared: Print protocol numbers if --numeric was given"")

Hi, Phil.

At the beginning of the year you committed 34f085b16073 ("Revert
"xshared: Print protocol numbers if --numeric was given""), which
reverts da8ecc62dd76 ("xshared: Print protocol numbers if --numeric was
given").

I applied the change to the iptables package and uploaded it.  However,
this caused test failures in the Debian CI pipeline for firewalld
because its test-suite has been updated to expect the new numeric
protocol output.  Michael Biebl, the firewalld Debian maintainer, (cc'ed
so he can correct me if I misquote him) raised a point which I think has
some merit.  It is now eighteen months since 1.8.9 was released.  One
imagines that the majority of iptables users, who presumably are not
building iptables directly from git, must, therefore, have adjusted to
the new output.  Is it, then, worth it to revert this change and force
them to undo that work after what may have been a couple of years by the
time 1.8.11 comes out?

What do you think?

J.