Re: [netfilter-core] [ANN] net-next is OPEN

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 11:40:57AM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 20:16:39 +0100 Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> > > Ah, BTW, a major source of failures seems to be that iptables is
> > > mapping to nftables on the executor. And either nftables doesn't
> > > support the functionality the tests expect or we're missing configs :(
> > > E.g. the TTL module.
> >
> > I could only find in the listing above this:
>
> Thanks for taking a look!
>
> > https://netdev-2.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-net-mp/results/435141/37-ip-defrag-sh/stdout
> >
> > which shows:
> >
> >  ip6tables v1.8.8 (nf_tables): Couldn't load match `conntrack':No such file or directory
> >
> > which seems like setup is broken, ie. it could not find libxt_conntrack.so
>
> Hm, odd, it's there:
>
> $ ls /lib64/xtables/libxt_conntrack.so
> /lib64/xtables/libxt_conntrack.so
>
> but I set a custom LD_LIBRARY_PATH, let me make sure that /lib64
> is in it (normal loaded always scans system paths)!

Could you also check your ./configure output for iptables? It shows
the directory where the .so file are search and found:

  Xtables extension directory:          /usr/lib/xtables

> > What is the issue?
>
> A lot of the tests print warning messages like the ones below.
> Some of them pass some of them fail. Tweaking the kernel config
> to make sure the right CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_* and CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_*
> are included seem to have made no difference, which I concluded was
> because iptables CLI uses nf_tables here by default..

Please, check if the symlink refers to -legacy or -nft via:

$ ls -la /usr/sbin/iptables

> [435321]$ grep -nrI "Warning: Extension" .
> ./6-fib-tests-sh/stdout:305:# Warning: Extension MARK revision 0 not supported, missing kernel module?

This could come from either legacy or nftables:

libxtables/xtables.c:                                   "Warning: Extension %s revision 0 not supported, missing kernel module?\n",
iptables/nft.c:                         "Warning: Extension %s revision 0 not supported, missing kernel module?\n",

both have the same error.

if that is the nftables backend, it might be also that .config is
missing CONFIG_NF_TABLES and CONFIG_NFT_COMPAT there, among other
options.