Re: feature request: list elements of table for scripting

Han,

On Tue, Jan 02, 2024 at 10:24:14PM +0100, Han Boetes wrote:
> Don't worry, I'm used to people not actually reading what I write.

I did read what you wrote. In nft nomenclature though, ranges and
prefixes itself are individual elements of an interval set. They are not
expanded internally to individual elements but merely converted to
ranges of min and max value.

You quoted two elements in a row separated by comma which is standard
formatting for 'nft list ruleset' output to avoid exceedingly large
lines. You're complaint about "clumsy" format for scripting might have
been about the two elements per row formatting.

> I already wrote some working, albeit ugly, code that converts ranges
> and CIDR to individual IP-addresses. But I think if nft would have the
> option to simply produce the individual addresses belonging to the
> set/table, it would make the whole script a lot simpler and more
> logical.

Prepare a patch and put me in Cc, I promise to review it.

Thanks, Phil