Re: ebtables-nft can't delete complex rules by specifying complete rule with kernel 6.3+

Hello Florian,

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 2:49 PM Florian Westphal <fw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Florian Westphal <fw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Igor Raits <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We started to observe the issue regarding ebtables-nft and how it
> > > can't wipe rules when specifying full rule. Removing the rule by index
> > > works fine, though. Also with kernel 6.1.y it works completely fine.
> > >
> > > I've started with 1.8.8 provided in CentOS Stream 9, then tried the
> > > latest git version and all behave exactly the same. See the behavior
> > > below. As you can see, simple DROP works, but more complex one do not.
> > >
> > > As bugzilla requires some special sign-up procedure, apologize for
> > > reporting it directly here in the ML.
> >
> > Thanks for the report, I'll look into it later today.
>
> Its a bug in ebtables-nft, it fails to delete the rule since
>
> 938154b93be8cd611ddfd7bafc1849f3c4355201,
> netfilter: nf_tables: reject unbound anonymous set before commit phase
>
> But its possible do remove the rule via
> nft delete rule .. handle $x
>
> so the breakge is limited to ebtables-nft.

Thanks for confirmation and additional information regarding where
exactly the issue was introduced.
The ebtables-nft (well, ebtables in general) is heavily used by the
OpenStack Neutron (in linuxbridge mode), so this breaks our setup
quite a bit. Would you recommend to revert kernel change or would you
have the actual fix soon (ebtables-nft or kernel)?