Re: [ANNOUNCE] iptables 1.8.9 release

On 1/12/23 12:20, Phil Sutter wrote:
Hi!

The Netfilter project proudly presents:

         iptables 1.8.9

Hi Phil,

thanks for the release!

I see the tarball includes now a etc/xtables.conf file [0]. Could you please clarify the expected usage of this file?

Do we intend users to have this in their systems? If so, what for.
It appears to be in nftables native format, so who or what mechanisms would be responsible for reading it in a system that
has no nftables installed?

Perhaps the file is only useful for development purposes?

This information would help me decide what to do with the file in the official Debian package.

regards.

[0] https://git.netfilter.org/iptables/tree/etc/xtables.conf