Re: bug report and future request

Hello Pablo and Florian

i try to make this work on egress or ingress but limiter not work

setup is :

eth0 uplink - WAN

ppp0 ,ppp1,pppX users

table netdev nft-qos-ingress {
	set limit_ul {
		typeof ip saddr
		flags dynamic
		elements = { 10.0.0.11 limit rate over 12800 kbytes/second burst 600 kbytes }
	}

	chain upload {
		type filter hook ingress device "ppp0" priority -450; policy accept;
		ip saddr @limit_ul drop
	}
}

Here problem is when ppp user disconnect rule for ppp0 remove from nftable (is there options to set here ppp* to list all ppp interface )

for egress i try this setup but not work on egress:

table netdev nft-qos-egress {
	set limit_dl {
		typeof ip daddr
		flags dynamic
		elements = { 10.0.0.11 limit rate over 12800 kbytes/second burst 600 kbytes }
	}

	chain download {
		type filter hook egress device “eth0" priority -450; policy accept;
		ip daddr @limit_dl drop
	}
}

Idea is to move limiter in egress and ingress.

which should reduce the CPU load perhaps

Best regards,
Martin