Re: troubles caused by conntrack overlimit in init_netns

On 4/2/22 20:12, Eric Dumazet wrote:

> On 4/2/22 03:33, Vasily Averin wrote:
>> Pablo, Florian,
>>
>> There is an old issue with conntrack limit on multi-netns (read container) nodes.
>>
>> Any connection to containers hosted on the node creates a conntrack in init_netns.
>> If the number of conntrack in init_netns reaches the limit, the whole node becomes
>> unavailable.
>
> Can you describe network topology ?

              += veth1 <=> veth container1
ethX <=> brX =+= veth2 <=> veth container2
              += vethX <=> veth containerX

> Are you using macvlan, ipvlan, or something else ?

No, we dod not used it earlier, because it was not available in RHEL7,
but now it looks like good solution for me.

Thank you for the hint,
	Vasily Averin