libnftnl: guarantee a stable interface between minor updates ?

Hello !

We have been working on a rust library linked to libnftnl, called
rustables. We derived our work from the libnftnl-rs crate, and
automated the linking process in a build script. We now happily support
versions from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0 .

Is there a semantic versioning strategy inside libnftnl ? That would
really simplify maintenance on our side if we knew the public interface
won't change between minor versions, for example.

Perhaps this information is already somewhere on the netfilter site. I
couldn't find it though ; I scrolled through documentation, FAQs, and
some Stack Overflow questions. Did I miss something ?

Thanks for the long time great work anyway !