Re: nft_pipapo_avx2_lookup backtrace in linux 5.10

On Fri, 7 May 2021 13:12:43 +0200
Arturo Borrero Gonzalez <arturo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, the nft ruleset is quite simple. It should be possible for you to grab
> a similar arch CPU, introduce the ruleset and generate some traffic to trigger
> the lookup(), no?

Unfortunately, this has little to do with the ruleset, it's rather
about the fact that a kthread using the FPU gets interrupted by
net_rx_action() which ends up in a call to nft_pipapo_avx2_lookup(),
which also uses the FPU.

The amount of luck I'd need to hit this with some ext4 worklaod
together with packet classification discourages me from even trying. ;)
But luckily my mistake here looks simple enough to fix.

--
Stefano