Issues w/ db-ip country database

Hi,

I’ve been having issues with the quality of data coming from Eris Networks in the dbip-country-lite database.

Many known blocks owned by Chinanet for instance, don’t show up as /11 or /13 networks, but as dozens of /23 networks instead in China, the US, Japan, and Canada.  Clearly not correct.

I’m not sure if the authors: have faulty data collection; are being convinced/coerced to ship bad data by certain governments; or their data collection methods have been reverse-engineered and someone is using that information to compromise their data; etc.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Should we fall back on the GeoLite2 Country database from MaxMind instead?

Thanks,

-Philip