Extensions for ICMP[6] with sport, dport

Hello Patrick McHardy / NFT,

I'm using NetFilter for static firewalling.  Ideally with ICMP, for
which I found that a minor extension might be helpful, adding selectors
for icmp|icmp6|l4proto sport|dport.  This avoids painstaking detail to
carry ICMP, and may be helpful to have mature firewalls more easily.
Would you agree that this is a useful extension?

Interpretation of IP content is valid for error types; for ICMP, those
are 3,11,12,31, for ICMP6, those are 1,2,3,4; this should be checked
elsewhere in the ruleset.  The code supports "l4proto" selection of ICMP
with the same rules as TCP et al.  (But a better implementation of
"l4proto" in meta.c would skip IP option headers and ICMP headers with
error types to actually arrive at layer 4, IMHO).

A sketch of code is below; I am unsure about the [THDR_?PORT] but I
think the "sport" and "dport" should be interpreted in reverse for ICMP,
as it travels upstream.  That would match "l4proto sport" match ICMP
along with the TCP, UDP, SCTP and DCCP to which it relates.  It also
seems fair that ICMP with a "dport" targets the port at the ICMP target,
so the originator of the initial message.

If you want me to continue on this, I need to find a way into
git.kernel.org and how to offer code.  Just point me to howto's.  I also
could write a Wiki about Stateful Filter WHENTO-and-HOWTO.

Cheers,
 -Rick

struct icmphdr_udphdr {
	struct icmphdr ih;
	struct udphdr uh;
};

const struct proto_desc proto_icmp = {
	…
        .templates      = {
		…
		/* ICMP travels upstream; we reverse sport/dport for icmp/l4proto */
                [THDR_SPORT]            = INET_SERVICE(“sport", struct
icmphdr_udphdr, uh.dest  ),
                [THDR_DPORT]            = INET_SERVICE(“dport", struct
icmphdr_udphdr, uh.source),
		// Unsure about these indexes…
        },
	…
};

struct icmp6hdr_udphdr {
	struct icmp6hdr ih;
	struct udphdr uh;
};

const struct proto_desc proto_icmp6 = {
	…
        .templates      = {
		…
		/* ICMP travels upstream; we reverse sport/dport for icmp6/l4proto */