Re: [MAINTENANCE] Shutting down FTP services at netfilter.org

Hi Pablo,

On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:37:12PM +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> So netfilter.org will also be shutting down FTP services by
> June 12th 2020.

I always find that somewhat sad, as with HTTP there is no real convenient
way to get directory listings in a standardized / parseable format.  But
of course I understand the rationale and I obviously respect your
decision in that matter.

> As an alternative, you can still reach the entire netfilter.org
> software repository through HTTP at this new location:
>
>         https://netfilter.org/pub/

Maybe make http://ftp.netfilter.org/ an alias to it?

I think the important part would be some way to conveniently obtain a
full clone, e.g. by rsync.  This way both public and private mirrors
can exist in an efficient way, without having to resort to 'wget -r'
or related hacks, which then only use file size as an indication if a
file might have changed, ...

Regards,
	Harald
--