Re: [RFC nf-next 0/4] netfilter: conntrack: allow insertion of clashing entries

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:53:09AM +0100, Florian Westphal wrote:
> Florian Westphal <fw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This entire series isn't nice but so far I did not find a better
> > solution.
>
> I did consider getting rid of the unconfirmed list, but this is also
> problematic.

Another proposal:

I think the percpu unconfirmed list should become a hashtable.

>From resolve_normal_ct(), if __nf_conntrack_find_get() returns NULL,
this can fall back to make a rcu lookless lookup on the unconfirmed
hashtable.

>From nf_nat_inet_fn(), grab a nat spinlock only if the conntrack is
unconfirmed (slow path) to make sure that the packet winning race to
enter nf_nat_inet_fn() takes the time to set up NAT properly.