Re: [RFC] ipset: Add wildcard support to net,iface

Hi Kristian,

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019, Kristian Evensen wrote:

> The net,iface equal functions currently compares the full interface
> names. In several cases, wildcard (or prefix) matching is useful. For
> example, when converting a large iptables rule-set to make use of ipset,
> I was able to significantly reduce the number of set elements by making
> use of wildcard matching.
>
> Wildcard matching is enabled by setting the
> IPSET_FLAG_IFACE_WILDCARD-flag when adding an element.  When this flag
> is set, only the initial part of the interface name of the set element
> is used for comparison.
>
> I am submitting this change as an RFC, as I am not sure if my approach
> with using a flag (or wildcard matching at all) is OK. Please note that
> this patch is against kernel 4.14, as that is what my current devices
> are running. A final submission will be against net-next.

I like your patch, it's a nice extension. Please submit it against the
ipset git tree, that's the easiest for me to handle the patches. I'll
arrange the submission to net-next.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary