Re: What is 'dynamic' set flag supposed to mean?

Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I can't remove the if () because that would make it possible to lookup
> > for meter-type sets.
>
> Why is this a problem?

I was worried about this exposing expr pointers in the nft registers but
that won't happen (lookup expr doesn't care, only dynset will check for
attached expression coming from set).

I will send a patch to zap this check.
However, that still is a problem because that means "dynamic" can't
be used in kernels < 5.4 .

> I think we can just check instead from nft_lookup if there is an
> extension in this then, instead of checking for the NFT_SET_EVAL flag
> to fix this. Hence, you can make lookups on dynamic sets, but not on
> dynamic sets with extensions.

What do you mean?