Re: userspace conntrack helper and confirming the master conntrack

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 01:24:26AM +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 02:16:51PM +0200, Michal Kubecek wrote:
> > This seems to have fallen through the cracks. I tried to do the revert
> > but it's not completely straightforward as bridge conntrack has been
> > introduced in between and I'm not sure I got the bridge part right.
> > Could someone more familiar with the code take a look?
>
> I'm exploring a different path, see attached patch (still untested).
>
> I'm trying to avoid this large revert from Florian. The idea with this
> patch is to invoke the conntrack confirmation path from the
> nf_reinject() path, which is what it is missing.

Thank you for looking into it. I'll take a look at your patch.

> I'm at a conference right now, I'll try scratch time to sort out this
> asap. Most likely we'll have to request a patch to be included in
> -stable in the next release I'm afraid.

As the regression didn't happen in this cycle but in 5.1-rc1, there are
already two releases affected so that it's IMHO more important to get it
right than to catch 5.3 at any cost.

Michal