[RFC 0/2] typeof keyword, alternate patch

Similar idea to Pablos approach, similar drawbacks.
It can be used

First patch is to make it easier to later on handle concatenations,
maps and the like -- it will retain the proper length so you can
have maps that e.g. return 'ct helper' or 'osf name' values.

Don't know yet when I can work on this again, I will comment
on Pablos patch set soon.