Re: Expectations

Le dim. 19 mai 2019 à 22:14, Florian Westphal <fw@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> RTSP looks rather complex, wouldn't it be better/simpler to use
> a proxy?

RTSP does not seem that complex to me. It is a bit like FTP: the
client sends a first connection in order to define the ports to use,
then the server initiates the connection on those ports.
I saw some examples of RTSP helper libraries written for old versions
of the kernel (focused on iptables), so I think it would not be very
complicated to port to newest versions.

> We have TPROXY so we can intercept udp and tcp connections; we have
> ctnetlink so the proxy could even inject expectations to keep the real
> data in the kernel forwarding plane.

It would mean we would need to open/expect a very wide range of ports,
if we don't look into the first message to grab the real used port…

By the way, as I had no feedback for the moment regarding expectation
patch I sent (yes, I know it needs time to code review), I just
wondered if I sent them correctly and if they arrived to the mailing
list. They are 4 mails sent on May 17th at about 18:40 CEST. If
someone could just confirm reception, that would be good.

Thank you

Stéphane