Debian 9 vs Xtables-addons 3.3 and GeoLite2

Hi,

I hope I am not fully wrong here.

I am on Debian 9.9 with kernel v 4.9.0-9. I have been using Xtables-addons 2.12+geoip to block some countries via iptables.

This doesn't work anymore since GeoLite2 came.

I took xt_geoip_dl & xt_geoip_build from the current version 3.2. Since the generated files from CSVs won't be put in BE & LE folders anymore and I read here "Philip Prindeville: This allows a single database to be built and distributed as a package that is accepted by both big- and little-endian hosts." I copied them to BE & LE folders hoping it would work. Well, it didn't.

I saw lots of messages with patches... but I am missing the step explaining how to adapt my installation on Debian Strech.

As per the minimum requirements of the current version of Xtables-addons kernel >= 4.15 is needed. Is there any way to get current version of Xtables-addons working on Debian Strech as its current kernel is of version 4.9.0-9 ?

Thank you very much in advance for your support !

Sunny regards,

Patrick