Re: netfilter: nf_flow_table: attach dst to skbs

On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 03:06:37PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 3:01 PM Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Wait, that commit id is not in Linus's tree yet.  So I'm assuming it is
> > in DaveM's tree?  If so, shouldn't it also go into 4.17.y?  What about
> > 4.14.y or older kernels?
>
> It's in net-next and nf-next at the moment:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=2a79fd3908acd88e6cb0e620c314d7b1fee56a02
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pablo/nf-next.git/commit/?id=2a79fd3908acd88e6cb0e620c314d7b1fee56a02
>
> This means indeed it needs to go into 4.17.y., in addition to 4.16.y.
> 4.14.y doesn't have nf_flow_table_ip.c.
>
> (I had assumed that the stabilization would go through Dave's normal
> network stable track, but Pablo asked me to submit it to you for
> whatever reason; maybe Netfilter is different?)

Jason, I think it's better if you have to wait to see the patch in
Linus' tree. Then, specify upstream commit, indicate that this is a
backport, and what -stable kernel versions you are targeting too so we
make it easier for Greg.

We've been dealing with netfilter -stable submissions ourselves, so CC
netfilter-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I think that's all.

Thanks.