Re: nftables: added support for per-file variable scopes and global variables

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:28:16AM +0200, David Fabian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this series of patches follows a discussion brought here about adding support
> for deeper variable scopes especially in the flat notation. These patches add
> a new variable scope to each include statement. The new scope is a child of
> the parent scope (script in which the include resides). All variables in the
> parent are still accessible in the child but the parent cannot access child
> variables. This effectively creates a tree hierarchy and with the support of
> redefine, one can even mask inherited variables in the child scopes. Sibling
> scopes are not accessible from each other.
>
> If one wants to have some global definitions in a separate script and not
> pollute the top-level script, one can use a new keyword global in the define
> like:
>
> define global global_var=eth0

Better probably "global define" instead, so we make sure no script
using the $global variable outthere breaks.

> This puts $global_var to the top-level scope which is accessible from
> everywhere and it survives any include. Global re-definitions and undefines
> are also supported.

Please send us patch using git send-email. Instead of them all
attached to one single email, so patchwork [1] tracks them.

Make sure your patches apply to nftables.git HEAD. Thanks!

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netfilter-devel/list/