connlimit modul doesn't works as expected

At my server (stable hardened Gentoo with vanilla 4.15.7) I do have this rule:

/sbin/iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --destination-port 443 --syn --match connlimit --connlimit-above 3000 --connlimit-mask 0 --connlimit-daddr --match limit --limit 1/second --limit-burst 1 -j LOG --log-prefix "443 hammered "

Sometimes (usually after 2-4 days uptime) however this rule fires too often - even over hours.

When I restart the iptable script then the rule stopps to fire. This happened few times in a row over the last weeks. So I'm convinced that there wasn't an external event related to this behaviour.

Currently I use a cronjob to restart my firewall script hourly - works as expected, the behaviour vanished.

Known issue?

--
Toralf
PGP C4EACDDE 0076E94E