Re: [RFC nft] tests: shell: autogenerate dump verification

Arturo Borrero Gonzalez <arturo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 March 2018 at 23:57, Laura Garcia Liebana <nevola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Better place a new script as a testcase, and all the required dump
> files somewhere for it to read them.
> Also, we have several testscases which are very long (we generate lots
> of sets elements, for example) and I don't think it makes sense to
> have them in plain text in the git tree.

How would you verify that output didn't change without storing
'known state' somewhere?
Or did you mean 'skip listing verification for some tests'?

I don't think its a big deal and would not worry about the size.

> Anyway, we don't seem to be saving LOCs.

Yes but it decouples script from expected output, i think thats an
improvement.

Next step f.e. could be to make sure we don't choke when we try
to feed rule listing back to nftables via -f.