Re: nftables: lockout with 0008split_tables_0 test

Phil Sutter <phil@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is about tests/shell/testcases/nft-f/0008split_tables_0, which adds
> the following simple ruleset:
>
> | table inet filter {
> |         chain ssh {
> |                 type filter hook input priority 0; policy accept;
> |                 tcp dport ssh accept;
> |         }
> | }
> |
> | table inet filter {
> |         chain input {
> |                 type filter hook input priority 1; policy drop;
> |         }
> | }
>
> If applied, it kills my SSH connection. :(

Yes, thats expected.
First ssh base chain gets invoked, which accepts any packet
either by verdict or policy.

Then next base chain gets consulted which drops the packet.

I would suggest to either swap the policies or duplicate the ssh
rule into the input chain too.