Re: conntracd init.d reload is broken on Centos6

Please avoid top-posting.

On 17 November 2017 at 23:55, Jason Hendry <jhendry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Turns out sending conntrackd a -HUP signal causes it to die. I can not
> find any documentation/reference on what signals conntrackd accepts,
> is there one to tell it to reload its config?  We are running
> conntrackd 0.9.14

That's a very old version of conntrackd (8+ years ago?). Please use a
newer version.

ATM conntrackd is unable to reload config. This is something I would
like to improve in the future.

> Can you also clarify the effect of restarting conntrackd, is it a safe
> operation to do? Will it cause any interruption to connections? Will
> it re-sync with the kernel state table? Will it re-sync with its peer?

Connections are in the kernel and those are not affected by conntrackd restart.
Depending on your conntrackd config you may lose state updates which
are in the conntrackd cache but not in the kernel yet.
In newer versions of conntrackd there is a StartupResync option to
request resync with other node at startup.