Question about getting counters for transparent terminated flows

Hi,

I have an application that acts as a transparent proxy for tcp flows. I need to get packet and byte counters for these tcp flows on both sides of the proxy application. I looked at pulling the counters from the kernel using libnetfilter_conntrack. However I noticed that the conntrack library only shows one entry for flows that are terminated transparently. This is an issue, as I am not able to see byte and packet counters for the two sides of the flow separately. Is there a way to get the separate counters for flows that are transparently terminated?

If the flow is terminated but not transparently, I do get two separate entries from libnetfilter_conntrack, and the counters are as I would expect them to be.

Thank you.

Tarun