About Kernel SynProxy Performance

Hi All,

I have noticed the commit below in the kernel 4.7 change logs.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b3d051477cf94e9d71d6acadb8a90de15237b9c1

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8804b2722dc5d6f9b7ba0a9e812eae9ee5ce95bc

Then, I think that this commit might increase SYNPROXY performance of
kernel too and updated my kernel from 3.15.9 to 4.10. But I didn't
notice any significant change on received pps with netfilter/SYNPROXY
module.

I wanted to ask you what may be the reason of that. The commit message
says that the task test result would have approximately %100 increase.

Could you give more details about the reflection of this commit to
SYNPROXY module on performance perspective.

If this commit not affect SYNPROXY module, I want to take your
opinions about is there a way to increase SYNPROXY performace with
some changes which are adopted from the commit linked above on
SYNPROXY internals.

CPU and nic info I used is below:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   E5645  @ 2.40GHz

82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection

and iptables rules

-t raw -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m physdev --physdev-in enp7s0f0 -m tcp
--tcp-flags FIN,SYN,RST,ACK SYN -j NOTRACK

-t filter -A FORWARD -p tcp -m physdev --physdev-in enp7s0f0 -m state
--state INVALID,UNTRACKED -j SYNPROXY --sack-perm --timestamp --wscale

Thanks for your kind replies.
Best regards,
Tugrul