Re: nft authentication

Dear Mr. Westphal,

yes it is academic and what I want to do is user id matching on
non-local users (which means I need to connect the IP address with an
user id or something like that). What I want is to keep the full match
together, nf_queue is a target.
It should be my last year project but it seems to be impossible to
finalize due to a lack of documentation. An alternative Method would be
keeping an array of structs with IP addresses and user IDs in the kernel
and use those.

However this way I can see what is going on in the userspace application.

The problem ist, that I cannot get a correct rule reated in nft (auth or
numbers after it are always underlined)

For example all of those fail:

* auth

* auth 1

* auth user 1

* auth 1 1

so I think it cannot find the auth module or something other goes wrong.

lsmod says that it looks ok:

nft_auth               16384  0
nft_reject_inet        16384  1
nf_tables              65536  30
nf_tables_inet,nf_tables_ipv4,nf_tables_ipv6,...,nft_auth,...

NFT always ends up with an error like this one:

update link layer protocol context:
 link layer          : inet <-
 network layer       : none
 transport layer     : none

<cmdline>:1:28-33: Evaluate
add rule inet filter input auth 1 accept
                           ^^^^^^
$auth $1

<cmdline>:1:28-33: Evaluate
add rule inet filter input auth 1 accept
                           ^^^^^^
$auth $1

<cmdline>:1:28-31: Evaluate
add rule inet filter input auth 1 accept
                           ^^^^
$auth

Stack now 0 1
Cleanup: popping nterm input (: )
<cmdline>:1:28-31: Error: No symbol type information
add rule inet filter input auth 1 accept

created using this command:

nft --debug all add rule inet filter input auth 1 accept

I hope this helps you to understand the error.