Feature request: Load u32 value into packet mark

Hi,

I have been playing quite a bit with iptables lately. Ever since the ipset was updated to support hash:ip,mark sets, there has been the potential to apply efficient matching on packet marks.
Does it make any sense to you to develop a new extension that following U32 and MARK syntax would allow us to read a 32bit value  and load it onto the packet mark ?
To make it even more versatile we could support masking when dumping the value in the packet mark.

The aim is to support very efficient packet matching/classification on any 32 bit field/region of any potential higher level protocol.

For example, read 4 bytes starting at offset 28 of the IP packet (first 4 bytes of the UDP payload), apply a mask of 0xF00F and use that result as the packet mark with mask value 0xFFFF
iptables –A FORWARD -p udp --m udp --dport 12345 -j U32MARK --set-mark "28&0xF00F/0xFFFF"

Best,
Jesus