Re: reject statement - "crazy" parse error?

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 11:07:24AM +0200, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> On 26 October 2016 at 20:50, James Feeney <james@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> > Well, that's not good, because something changed, from "No such file or
> > directory" to "Operation not supported", but it is still not right.  Of course,
> > in both cases, the error messages are "useless", not saying *what* file, and not
> > saying *what* operation.
> >

> Yes, the error reporting in the 'nft -f' situation is something to improve,
> specially with kernel reported errors.
> This is even worse in the case of nested includes.

Just for the record: I have a patch to solve this. We need to augment
the netlink error reporting infrastructure, if I add this into the
netlink core (which is where this improved error reporting
infrastructure belongs) it may take a little while though, and a bit
of code in userspace.