Re: Seeking help for implementing CT HELPER in nftables

Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 12:45:06PM +0200, Christophe Leroy wrote:
> > Le 20/09/2016 à 17:38, Florian Westphal a écrit :
> [...]
> > >nft will need to populate this (or rather, libnftnl will do this on
> > >behalf of nft).
> > >
> > >Currently we do this:
> > >nft --debug=netlink add rule filter i ct helper set foo
> > >ip filter i
> > >  [ immediate reg 1 0x006f6f66 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 ]
>
> Florian, Christophe, sorry for this late jump on this.
>
> If we pass the helper name as string, then helper autoload will not
> work as we don't have a way to solve this from the packet path.

The point of passing it as a string was to have it available at .init()
time so we can look up the helper and do a modprobe if needed.

I agree wrt. to maps though, that goes out the door since no sreg is
used anymore.

[..]

> Line #1 makes sure the ftp helper is loaded, we also increment reference
> counter. This results in a handle that is dynamically allocated by
> nf_tables, that can be retrieve in the same fashion of if_index (ie.
> we can look up for the handle from the helper name).
>
> Then from #2, we use the helper handle to refer to the helper.

Hmm, Christophe asked for a simpler solution ;)