Re: libxtables backward compatibility

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 22:59:36 +0200 (CEST)
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sunday 2016-07-03 22:00, Neal P. Murphy wrote:
>
> >Specifically, should programs linked to--and expecting to use--libxtables.so.7
> >work with versions libxtables.so.10 and libxtables.so.11? I suspect yes
>
> Absolutely not. Never has been in any shared library system.

Drat. So I'll include all three versions in the next update. Unless the older versions of iptables are not compatible with newer versions of linux. (I begin to see why some products stay with a specific set of pkg versions for longer periods of time: keeping one or two things updated can turn into a full-time job updating all of the related pkgs.)

Thanks,
Neal