"notification events for routing changes" patch

Hi Jozsef,

While I was looking for a solution in the kernel for general routing
change notification implementation, I came across your following patch.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg24239.html

In this email chain, you said that you found another simple solution and
implemented it in the masquerade module. I saw that commit in the upstream
kernel.

But I think the patch you proposed before also very useful for the fast
path implementations. Because when a connection starts to flow through the
fast path, linux networking stack no longer sees those packets. Then, if
the route table is changed in some way, let¹s say user add/delete a route
with the ³route² or ³ip route² command, the fast path traffic will not
aware of this change. So, if we have a notification mechanism like you
have implemented, the fast path manager module can register itself to
these events and manage its connections accordingly.

Do you have any plan to push and merge this path to the upstream kernel?

Regards,
Murat