Mixed IPv4+IPv6 sets

Hello,

The "inet" family is a great idea for unifying IPv4 and IPv6 firewalling, but I just ran into one thing I'm missing.

nft lets me define sets with both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, but once I try using them things go wrong - I assume this means that the addresses aren't actually parsed until that point?

I can invoke the set from an ip match, and it will complain about IPv6 addresses in the list being invalid. And vice versa, invoke the set from an "ip6" match and the IPv4 addresses will cause parse errors.

Would it be possible to either have an "inet" match rule, or tell nft to skip unknown address families so I could just invoke the set twice, once using "ip" and once using "ip6" match rule, without running into syntax errors?

I could of course just define two separate sets to get something similar to my alternative idea, and maybe I'll try that, but it gets kludgier that way. :-(

Kind regards,

Wilmer van der Gaast.
--
| wilmer : :'  :  gaast.net |  | OSS Programmer   www.bitlbee.org |