Does arptables support adding new extensions dinamically like iptables does?

Hello,

I'm currently introducing myself into kernel development, and I decided to give building an xtables module a try. I'm trying to write a very simple arptable modules which checks whether an ARP requests comes from a given IP.

I've built the kernel module and the userspace library, but arptables seems to ignore it (module's name is arpway):

    [root@Archpv3]# ~> arptables -F
    [root@Archpv3]# ~> arptables -A INPUT -m arpway -j ACCEPT
    [root@Archpv3]# ~> arptables-save
    *filter
    :INPUT ACCEPT
    :OUTPUT ACCEPT
    :FORWARD ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -j ACCEPT

also, `arptables -m arpway -h` does not print my module's help text.

Just to check, if I change the module's scope to ipv4 (setting `xtables_match.family` to `NFPROTO_IPV4`), module's help is successfully printed with `iptables -m arpway -h`, and adding the rule and then printing it works.

Needless to say, module is successfully complied and `insmod`'ed, and userspace library is placed in `/usr/lib/iptables/libxt_arpway.so`.

Am I doing something wrong, or does arptables not support dynamic extensions/modules like iptables does?

Regards and thanks in advance, Roberto.