Re: Ottawa and slow hash-table resize

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:09:44PM -0500, David Miller wrote:

> So I think what I'm getting at is that we can allow parallel inserts
> but only up until the point where the resized tables thresholds are
> exceeded.

Agreed.  At some point you have to either resize immediately
or fail the insertion.

Note that once my rehash work is complete there is another option
of allowing multiple resizes.  That is, if we reach the limit
while a resize is still ongoing we simply start a new one
immediately.

I'm just coming back form vacation so please be patient and give
me a chance to finish this off.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>