I want to help. Pointers?

Hi all,

I'd love to help with this project. I was thinking of starting with nft, fixing some of the bugs listed in its Bugzilla page. However, I can't see much activity there. All the submitted bugs have status "NEW" (except one), and are assigned to the same person, which I think is the default. Is it OK if I pick one item from the list and start working on it (after discussing it with you, of course), or do they have to be reviewed first? I haven't found any formal instructions of working with bugs/feature requests apart from the guidelines provided at http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/FAQ/netfilter-faq-4.html#ss4.4.

Regards,

- AJ