Xtables Getting Started Question

Hello,

I am writing this message because I have developed a personal interest in Xtables and Netfilter.  I am not a programmer by trade but I wish to develop a custom NAT module using Xtables and Netfilter.  So far I have began reading through existing Xtables code and I have only found one single pdf called Writing Netfilter modules by Jan Engelhardt and Nicolas Bouliane which looks like it will be helpful but I was wondering if there was any other documentation or books out there that can be helpful or is there a way better way to start learning because so far things have been very slow going?  Thanks for your time.

Joe--