How to generate statistics for a TCP flow using netfilter conntrack?

Hi there,

I am asking for your instructions to generate statistics for a TCP
flow using conntrack?
In my use case, a TCP flow consists of packets from host_a:port_a to
host_b:port_b and statistics could be average packet size or average
window size, per TCP flow.

My plan is to add a hook into TCP connection tracking module
(nf_conntrack_proto_tcp.c) and collect statistics per TCP flow.
However, I don't know how conntrack relates to netfilter. Can I write
a netfilter hook and access the tcp_conntracks table? Or should I  put
the hook in the tcp_new() function in nf_conntrack_proto_tcp.c?

Please let me know your suggestions on this issue.

Thanks!
- PC