Re: [nf_tables 1/3] netfilter: nf_tables: store and dump sets mechanism options

On 18 September 2014 20:34, Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18. September 2014 20:18:18 MESZ, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez <arturo.borrero.glez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>The sets mechanism options was not being stored anywhere.
>>
>>We want to know in which cases the user explicitly set the mechanism
>>options. In that case, we also want to dump back the info.
>>

> I don't think this is needed. Basically we always want to dump options for non-constant sets, since they couldn't have been chosen automatically, and don't need to dump them for constant sets, since they can always be determined automatically based on the contents.

Could you please elaborate?

If the set is non-constant, currently the options are by default
NFT_SET_POL_PERFORMANCE and size 0.
Do you want these options to be printed to the end user even when the
user did not originally use the 'policy xx' and 'size xx' statements?
Or in the other hand, to never print the options even when the user
gave an explicit config?

In the case of constant sets, what If I want to test the performance
of different policies? I need to know which policy is applied to a
given set, (in order to change it).

--
Arturo Borrero González