Easy network (config) breakage with 3.17-rc1: NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_LOG

Few days ago I updated my 3.16 to 3.17-rc1 (both self compiled) and I
was using it until I noticed my machine doesn't respond to pings. I
rebooted to 3.16 and it was working again.

I bisected between 3.16 and 3.17-rc1 but it has failed. After all I
got 3.16 not working anymore as well.

It took me few hours to find the one to blame:
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_LOG. After moving my config from 3.16 to
3.17-rc1 CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_LOG got disabled because of two
new dependencies: NF_LOG_IPV4 && NF_LOG_IPV6.

It would be nice if you could try to use "select" instead of "depends
on" in such cases in the future. I bet fix my problem would be trivial
since the beginning, but end-users may spent hours or days tracking
such things :(

Please, treat it as an advise/request, not a blaming :)

--
Rafał