Re: Parser stable fix question for CFG80211_INTERNAL_REGDB

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 11:54:43AM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> How is this any different from any other kernel support issue?
> >
> > This is a build issue that does not cause any errors, users go through with the install
> > just fine and only at run time do they discover the issue. We never documented
> > the expecations nor do I think we expected this before. This is also caused by an
> > input file from userspace, I do consider the issue unexpected.
>
> This is a bit more broken given that DFS CAC patches are upstream but
> we haven't yet even provided the removal of antenna gain on the awk
> script but for some reason it did add the DFS CAC parsing to the awk
> script, so upstream has the awk DFS CAC parser options, we don't yet
> even use it, and the antenna gain wasn't removed. I'll work on that
> patch but parsing things in awk is getting a bit hairy for the
> conditionals. We can use the C parser now that we have on but the DFS
> CAC stuf was not yet ironed out for CRDA and wireless-regdb...

I wrote that awk script years ago so that we could get rid of the
old hard-coded rulesets and so I could have something working in RHEL5.

I never merged the DFS CAC stuff in wireless-regdb, because of the
unresolved issue of supporting multiple formats.  It looks to me like
the dfs_cac stuff in genregdb.awk is broken, since it doesn't seem
to account for flags.

I sent a patch that should account for the antenna gain issue.
Please give it a review.

Obviously, we need to talk more about this in Chicago if not before...

John
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx			might be all we have.  Be ready.